The technology of the future is a vast and unknown territory to many people, but it’s actually quite easy to predict what the world will look like in 15 years, since we have some good hints today about where the trends are headed. Here are five predictions for how the world of technology will change in the next decade or two, and what it will mean for the average person.
1) The Internet Will Get Faster
Fast internet is an integral component to a digitalized world. The broadband speeds in U.S. rank 21st worldwide, and that’s unlikely to change anytime soon, with half the country lacking access to high-speed internet. So, what are some predictions on what this technology could look like in 10 or 20 years?
Internet connections will get faster as they evolve from 5G networks towards actual lasers over long distances using quantum physics principles to transmit information securely, almost instantly. – Virtual Reality Will Become More Realistic: Advances in artificial intelligence, rendering algorithms, and haptic technology (which creates tactile feedback) will make virtual reality indistinguishable from reality.
Augmented Reality Will Take Off: One day you’ll be able to walk around outside without your glasses or phone on and everything will show up overlaid on top of your view with an option to zoom in for more detail. Self-Driving Cars Will Change Transportation: We’re getting closer every day towards autonomous vehicles which have been proven safer than human drivers since their introduction six years ago according to one study.
2) We’ll Be More Connected Than Ever
We’ll be more connected than ever before with constant access to our work, entertainment, and even social life. With the fast pace of our lives, this is a need that we all have. When you think about it, much of what we do is online. We communicate with friends through Facebook or WhatsApp chat – order things from Amazon or Wal-Mart – and share photos on Instagram or Snapchat.
In fact, many people see technology as a way to save time and make life easier. So while there may be some drawbacks (a lack of face-to-face contact), the benefits outweigh these cons in most cases. The Technology of the Future will bring us closer together than we ever were before – physically and emotionally.
3) Technology Will Be More Affordable
- The technology world will continue to grow, and as it does prices will drop.
- Smartphones and other mobile devices will become even more accessible to the general public, and this trend is only expected to continue through 2020 when there will be an estimated 5 billion smartphone users worldwide.
- Technology that exists today such as Google Glass or Apple Watch may become less expensive with increased competition in the industry.
- Moore’s Law predicts that processing power will double every two years so we should expect faster computers and cheaper technology in the future.
- With our increasing reliance on technology, data centers are going to need some major upgrades which means we’ll see a rise in datacenter construction in coming years
- The technology world will continue to grow, and as it does prices will drop
4) Virtual Reality Will Become Mainstream
The first prediction is that virtual reality will become Technology of the Future mainstream. One great example of a company that has been really successful with VR is Oculus, which was acquired by Facebook in 2014. Now there are many different headsets available, and they are becoming more and more affordable. The second prediction is that chatbots will become more popular. A chatbot can be programmed to respond to messages from customers or other organizations.
These bots can help people solve problems or answer their questions quickly, efficiently, and sometimes even better than a human could! The third prediction is that augmented reality will have a major breakthrough. AR glasses are already in development, but it’s not clear when they will come out for consumers yet. When they do come out, we expect them to be really popular!
5) AI Will Become More Human
AI will become more human-like as time goes on. By using neural networks and deep learning, they are able to do things like recognize images or understand natural language. AI will be a major part of our future and its developments can have both positive and negative implications.
One such example is that AI could take over many jobs from humans, which would lead to unemployment rates rising in some sectors. However, it is also possible that AI will help us live healthier lives by performing tasks that require higher degrees of precision than humans can provide.